CARING FOR OUR CUSTOMERS AND OUR COMMUNITY
Like you, we are closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The health and safety of our Hawaii Island Bikeshare members, riders, crew and the community at large remains a top priority for us.
Keeping our bikes and kiosks clean is something the Hawaii Island Bikeshare crew prioritizes on a daily basis. We want to share additional procedures that have been implemented to further protect our riders and crew members:
- Crew members will wear gloves each time they handle bikes at our stations, in the transport vehicles, and in our warehouse;
- High touch surfaces on rebalancing vans will be disinfected at the start and end of each shift;
- Each time the crew visits a station to rebalance the fleet, they will sanitize the following high-touch areas: seats, hand grips, seat clamp, kiosk screen and ticket door; and
- For bikes that are brought into our warehouse for maintenance, they are completely cleaned with a thorough power wash solution.
We will continue to follow new developments with COVID-19, and will revise sanitizing procedures as new information becomes available.
The CDC recommends avoiding being in enclosed spaces with large groups of people, and with Biki bikeshare you will be able to travel quickly and avoid any unnecessary large crowds. Thank you for your continued support of Hawaii Island Bikeshare.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY:
- It’s a good idea to wash your hands immediately after being in public places and riding shared transportation – buses, vanpools and bikeshare included.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick and avoid touching your eyes, note and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, touching public surfaces, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If you can’t wash your hands with soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
Additional recommendations from the Department of Health.
Sign up now for unlimited rides
or visit one of our Bikeshare automated kiosks for a day pass
Bikeshare Kona Locations
74-5450 Makala Blvd.
Hale Halawai Pavilion
75-5760 Ali’i Drive
75-5824 Kahakai Road
75-6009 Ali’i Drive
75-5612 Pawai Pl.
77-6467 Ali'i Dr
Kahalu'u Beach Park
78-6702 Ali’i Drive
Bikeshare Hilo Locations
Mo'oheau County Park
Mo'oheau County Park
Nani Loa Hotel
93 Banyan Drive
189 Lihiwai Street
101 Pauahi Street
Protect your noggin!
The use of helmets is strongly advised. Loaner helmets can be obtained at the Body Glove Cruises kiosk by Huggo’s